Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New roof (over the porch at least)

From my previous post you know that our entryway ceiling leaks. We had an awesom thunder storm roll through last thursday. I knew it would leak into the house, and it leaked a ton. At one point it was a steady stream of water dripping out of the roof. Brett, his dad, Tom and brother Jon fixed the roof on saturday and a little bit on sunday. So we figured out where the leak was coming from. The roof between the two additions had a hole that water was getting up into and then running down. Also the once again morons before us only put a second layer or plywood down over half the porch. So once they got all the shingles off and the rotted pylwood it was just a matter of putting new plywood down, tar paper, ice sheild paper and then shingles. They did a great job!! Did I mention that it was almost 100 degrees on saturday?
I realized after I downloaded the pics onto the puter that I had a smuge on my lens. I bet it was Jetters playing with the camera, the little stink butt!


2 comments:

Hailey Jones said...

Fun times, at least that's one more thing done and out of the way, right?

Unknown said...

I'm sure that it wasn't an easy day for Brett, Tom, and Jon. Fixing the roof alone is already hard and tiring, what more if the temperature is at a high of 100 degrees? I highly appreciate their effort!

-Jere Leach @ YanceyHomeImprovements